Kiera’s Slow Cooker, Flu Fighting, Madras Curry
With the cold weather upon us, cold and flu season is setting in. To combat, try this immune system boosting recipe, packed with nutritious herbs and spices that act as anti-inflammatories in the body. So delish, and so good for when you are feeling run down.
Serve as is or with brown rice or quinoa.
- 500g Chicken breast, diced
- Kiz’s Madras curry paste (recipe below)
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 leak, thinly sliced
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 medium head of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 handful of green beans, chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and washed
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of organic tomato paste
- 1 Cup of water
2. Sauté onions and leak till golden then add to slow cooker with all the chopped vegetables, tomato, chicken and water.
KIZ’S MADRAS CURRY PASTE
• 2 tablespoons roughly chopped ginger
• 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
• 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
• 2 long red chillies, roughly chopped
• 3 tablespoons Olive oil
• 3 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• salt to taste
Place all ingredients in food processor or mortar and pestle and process until it forms a smooth paste.