makes 4-6 depending on how big you make your patties
1 Head of Broccoli
1/2 C Almond Flour or Almond Meal
1/3 C Grated parmesan
Olive oil for frying
1/2 C Toasted Pumpkin seeds
juice and zest from 1/2 a lemon
1 TSP of smoked Paprika & Cummin (or any spice of your choice)
S + P to taste
optional: 1 clove of roasted garlic.
STEP 1: Cut up your Broccoli into smaller pieces and steam until tender.
STEP 2: Toast off your seed’s in a dry pan until golden.
STEP 3: Place your toasted seed’s in a Mortar & Pestle (if you don’t have one, just put them inside a tea towel and roll with a rolling pin) and crush. These help to hold the mix together with the eggs and almond flour, as well as adding a little extra flavour and texture.
STEP 4: Once your broccoli has cooled, chop up into tiny bite size pieces and place into a mixing bowl along with the rest of your ingredients and give it a mix.
STEP 5: Using a potato masher or fork, mash the broccoli into the mixture until you have a nice chunky batter.
STEP 6: In a fry pan, heat your olive oil to medium heat and spoon 2TBS size amounts per fritter. Leave to fry for 2-3 minutes each side
STEP 7: Keep frying and flipping until you have a golden stack of Broccoli Fritters ready to eat!
Original recipe from rapid fitness.
Sautéed cauliflower & baby spinach salad with pine nuts, pumpkin seeds & tamari sauce
1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
3 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
2 gloves of garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon of ginger paste
1 teaspoon of paprika
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Squeeze of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of Tamari sauce ( low salt soy sauce)
Handful of pine nuts & pumpkin seeds
Heat coconut oil in fry pan and add garlic & ginger and cook until golden,
Add chopped cauliflower and paprika and stir for a few minutes
Add nuts and seeds and cook for a further 3-5 min whilst tossing regularly,
Add baby spinach, lemon juice & Tamari and mix well till spinach has wilted.
Serve whisky warm as a side dish or on its on for a light lunch.
This is an easy go to meal. Full of nutrients, protein and not to mention FLAVOUR!
– 1/2 Cup of quinoa
– 1/2 Cup of brown rice
– 1 Tablespoon of vege stock
– 1 tsp each of paprika, cumin, turmeric.
– 1/2 tsp of ginger, cayenne pepper & cinnamon.
– 1tsp of fresh chopped garlic.
-squeeze of lemon juice and splash of olive oil
– small handful of lightly toasted pinenuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
– 50g Danish feta
Add rice & quinoa to saucepan and bring to boil for 15-20min till water reduces, turn heat to low.
Add – tablespoon of vege stock,
When rice is cooked, add garlic, ginger and stir through for a few minutes.
Remove from heat and add spices, seeds & lemon juice.
Just before serving add feta and gently stir.
You can add baby spinach, pumpkin, chicken to make this a healthy and heart dinner.
Quinoa & Beef Stuffed Capsicums
Quinoa & Beef Stuffed Capsicums
1 cup quinoa
350mL chicken stock, salt-reduced
2 tbsp Olive oil
250g beef mince (or veggies for vegetarian option)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 large zucchini, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground paprika
2 tbs pinenuts, toasted
2 tbs pumpkin seeds, toasted
2 tomatoes, diced
75g feta cheese
3 large capsicums, cut in half & deseeded
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced
2. Place quinoa in a saucepan with the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes
3. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, add olive oil. Cook onion with garlic until soft . Add the zucchini, mince, paprika & cumin & cook for a further 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cool for a further 5 minutes. When done, pour in quinoa and all of the stick to the mince frypan, stir well and leave to simmer on low for 10 minutes until stock is nearly all absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Place halved capsicums in a baking tray ready to add stuffing mixture.
5. Stuff the capsicums with the mixture. Sprinkle feta and seeds on top. Cover the tray with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until capsicums are tender and the stuffing is golden. Enjoy 🍴