Brown Rice & QuinoaCooking, healthy recipes
This is an easy go to meal. Full of nutrients, protein and not to mention FLAVOUR!
– 1/2 Cup of quinoa
– 1/2 Cup of brown rice
– 1 Tablespoon of vege stock
– 1 tsp each of paprika, cumin, turmeric.
– 1/2 tsp of ginger, cayenne pepper & cinnamon.
– 1tsp of fresh chopped garlic.
-squeeze of lemon juice and splash of olive oil
– small handful of lightly toasted pinenuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
– 50g Danish feta
Add rice & quinoa to saucepan and bring to boil for 15-20min till water reduces, turn heat to low.
Add – tablespoon of vege stock,
When rice is cooked, add garlic, ginger and stir through for a few minutes.
Remove from heat and add spices, seeds & lemon juice.
Just before serving add feta and gently stir.
You can add baby spinach, pumpkin, chicken to make this a healthy and heart dinner.