Homemade Raw Coconut, Hazelnut & Goji Berry Energy Muesli Bars
Sautéed cauliflower & baby spinach salad with pine nuts, pumpkin seeds & tamari sauce
This is an easy go to meal. Full of nutrients, protein and not to mention FLAVOUR!
– 1/2 Cup of quinoa
– 1/2 Cup of brown rice
– 1 Tablespoon of vege stock
– 1 tsp each of paprika, cumin, turmeric.
– 1/2 tsp of ginger, cayenne pepper & cinnamon.
– 1tsp of fresh chopped garlic.
-squeeze of lemon juice and splash of olive oil
– small handful of lightly toasted pinenuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
– 50g Danish feta
Add rice & quinoa to saucepan and bring to boil for 15-20min till water reduces, turn heat to low.
Add – tablespoon of vege stock,
When rice is cooked, add garlic, ginger and stir through for a few minutes.
Remove from heat and add spices, seeds & lemon juice.
Just before serving add feta and gently stir.
You can add baby spinach, pumpkin, chicken to make this a healthy and heart dinner.
1 can of chickpeas, drained and washed.Sautéed chickpeas, 3-handfuls of baby spinach
2Tbsp of Tamari sauce (healthier version of soy sauce)
50g pine nuts
1 tsp of olive oil or coconut oil
1 clove of garlic
Squeeze of lemon juice
Pinch of Maldon sea salt
Toast pine nuts in pan and set to the side,
add oil & garlic to fry pan and sauté till aromatic,
add in chickpeas and sauté till golden,
add in baby spinach,
when spinach reduces, add in Tamari and lemon juice and toss through.
season with sea salt and serve.
This dish is great on its own or as a side dish. Packed full of nutrients, protein, not to mention cooking spinach increases its health benefits, including skin health!
Quinoa & Beef Stuffed Capsicums
1 cup quinoa
350mL chicken stock, salt-reduced
2 tbsp Olive oil
250g beef mince (or veggies for vegetarian option)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 large zucchini, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground paprika
2 tbs pinenuts, toasted
2 tbs pumpkin seeds, toasted
2 tomatoes, diced
75g feta cheese
3 large capsicums, cut in half & deseeded
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced
2. Place quinoa in a saucepan with the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes
3. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, add olive oil. Cook onion with garlic until soft . Add the zucchini, mince, paprika & cumin & cook for a further 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cool for a further 5 minutes. When done, pour in quinoa and all of the stick to the mince frypan, stir well and leave to simmer on low for 10 minutes until stock is nearly all absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Place halved capsicums in a baking tray ready to add stuffing mixture.
5. Stuff the capsicums with the mixture. Sprinkle feta and seeds on top. Cover the tray with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until capsicums are tender and the stuffing is golden. Enjoy 🍴